Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pumpkin Blueberry Smoothies

Even though sharing a smoothie recipe feels silly, I think it's necessary because smoothies make up about 30% of my daughter's diet.  Somehow, "throw a bunch of stuff in your blender" doesn't feel like much of a recipe suggestion.  Just in case you were looking for ways to add veggies to your smoothies and still have them be delicious, here you are.  This recipe is designed to fit in a pint sized mason jar, which I have found is the perfect serving size for my two year old.  Plus, I really like using a mason jar for my blender jar.  It makes all the ingredients stay really close to the blade and blend well.  Feel free to double or triple the quantities to suit your needs or better fill your favorite blender.  
















1 large banana
¼ cup fresh or frozen Pumpkin Puree, (2 ice cubes worth)
¼ cup frozen blueberries
½ cup plain yogurt

1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment